Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Glumetza

After a routine check up at my Endocrinologist 2 weeks ago, I mentioned to her that the MetforminER is better on my stomach but still have issues.  My main issue being diarrhea. The extended release was more manageable, however I was still running to the bathroom about once/twice a day.... literally RUNNING.

At my appointment I was handed (2) sample bottles of Glumetza - the Dr. said that "patients have noticed it's much easier on the stomach", and that it is more expensive then MetforminER.  I wasn't thrilled that it was more expensive, and I was skeptical at how much "easier on the stomach" it really was.  I waited till I had 1 more dose of my MetforminER left and tried the Glumetza samples. (Que' singing Angels)

HUGE IMPROVEMENT.  

I am so much happier on Glumetza.  Currently taking (2) 1000mg dose each night, I feel so much better in the morning.  There are still days I have diarrhea, but they are few and far between.   I only wish I knew about it sooner.  As for the price, it was double what I was paying - but totally worth it.  I no longer scout out the restroom at every public place.  

Also, I am going to stay the course of action for the next 6 months, then regroup if there is no successful pregnancy.  I am currently using ovulation kits each month, and getting a surge (I can now also track my cycle to 34 days). I was advised by my Dr. that if I get anxious at any point, she suggests visiting my OBGYN and asking for clomid - which she thinks would be successful. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Posting!! Keep it up!!Main problem faced by women trying to conceive. It is necessary to know the RIGHT Day, RIGHT Time and RIGHT Way for conception…Now you can plan your pregnancy and you can choose your date and time of pregnancy as you like with Ovulation Kit.

    ReplyDelete